Hello everyone. Welcome to another Stamp off Challenge with Buffy, Jackie and me. This time our challenge is to use our Stampin’ Blends. This was an easy challenge because I use my Blends all the time. They are so easy to use and to color with. Each color comes in two shades, a light one and a dark one. This enables you to easily add shading to your images.
I have to say I had a different card all ready to post for today but after a conversation with Buffy and Jackie yesterday, I decided I needed to up my game so I did a little searching around on the internet for different uses for Stampin Blends. I came across a blog by another Stampin’ Up!® Demonstrator named Alisha Tilsner who used her Blends to make an alcohol ink background.
It is very easy to make this background using your Stampin Blends with Isopropyl Alcohol, a paintbrush and some kind of air spritzer or something you can use to blow around some air. You need to use Isopropyl alcohol with a very high percentage of alcohol in it in order for this technique to work. I used 91%. Anything lower will not work. You also need some kind of smooth paper that doesn’t absorb a lot of moisture. I decided to use Vellum.
The first thing I did was scribble some Blends ink onto the Vellum. I used Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Granny Apple Green Dark Blends. The color of the Dark Blends show up much better than the light ones. I did one color at a time before adding a second color but I scribbled each one as in the photo.
Then I used a paint brush with some Isopropyl Alcohol on it and dabbed it around the outside of the scribble.
Then I used an ear cleaner bulb (you can use a spritzer or something like that) and blew air onto the alcohol and ink to move it around.
I did this until the entire piece of Vellum was covered with ink.
After my piece of Vellum was completely dry, I attached it to a piece of Basic White cardstock using Glue Dots in the corners and underneath where the banner is. You can’t see the glue dots as much as you can Seal Adhesive or something similar. The colors show up much better when you use a white background. I attached that to a Bermuda Bay card base.
Then I cut the wreath out of Basic White cardstock using the Wreath Builder Dies. I cut out the letters using the PlayFul Alphabet Dies and adhered them to a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock.